Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Blog Title

I was talking to some of my friends tonight and they were checking out my blog when one of them asked "why scrapbooking on a budget for a title?" Really I should have answered this in my first post but it totally skipped my mind. As some of you know I am a student and as with all students I am on somewhat of a budget when it comes to scrapbooking. I have to admit though that I love the challenge. One of my favourite things to do is yard "saling". Although I hate waking up early on a Saturday morning I love finding great bargains. A lot of people have been asking me over the past few weeks how I find so many great deals and I do have a lot of tricks. Some of which I am going to keep secret...I can't give away all of my great spots!!!
One of my favourite things to do is look in the paper on a daily basis to scope out who is having a yard sale. Another one of my favourite techniques to getting more out of my time is actually mapping out the various places that I want to visit. This is a great time saver since you don't have to ask for directions and get loss in the city. Usually the night before I will sit down at the computer and Google map all of the locations that I want to go to. I find that this saves a lot of time. Also I always leave the house with a set amount of money. Usually this is $50 dollars but I always like to keep some extra money hidden in the car for a great deal.
I went yard “saling” with my bf last weekend and hit the jackpot. I got 22 sets of Stampin Up and 8 tin cases for…$55. I still can’t believe it. I also bought two sets of spice racks and altered them for my eyelets and buttons. Once I get more ribbon I will post pictures.
Here’s a picture of my find of the century all for $55!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment